Sunday, September 13, 2015

Hello Purr App Design Journal Entry

This week I used MIT App Inventor for the first time.  Throughout the week I learned about the different views such as the viewer window and the block editor. The block editor is by far my favorite aspect of App Inventor. I've always been in to the programming and have designed websites using HTML5, Java, and C++. This particular way of programming is easy to learn and you can see the loops and how they are going to work.

This week I used a simple application to place a button that played a sound when clicked. I also learned how to access different sensors on mobile devices including the accelerometer that can tell when the phone is being moved/shaken. The app that was originally planned was a button that was the image of a kitten and when clicked it would produce a meow sound. I decided to create an app that was educational and helpful for my son in kindergarten.  They are learning letters and words that start with each one. I created an app that has a picture of an A. When you click on the A or shake the phone it activates the sound "A for Apple". I plan to develop the app to include all 26 letters as buttons. I may have to drop the shaking of the phone portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment