Thursday, August 6, 2015

Writing a Driving Question

Throughout this week (July 13-19, 2015) we have been introduced into the science of writing a Driving Question. Through my research I've discovered that a driving question should be simple, but compared to learning objectives more broad and more engaging for the students. The driving question should be used to focus the students work and the planning for the instructor. For students to successfully answer/respond to a driving question they may be required to master several sub-skills. The Instructor when planning will use the driving question and the sub-skills/questions to plan out the entire unit.

This week we are tasked with just that situation. We have to write a driving question and develop a set of sub-questions or skills along with a graphic organizer. Before I started this task I went to the Buck Institute's Youtube Channel. While watching their videos I was able to see how creating a driving question, then developing sub questions from that driving question can turn the Driving Question into a unit.

Below you will find my graphic organizer. I created this using Adobe Fireworks.


No comments:

Post a Comment